Medically Home's Technology Team is responsible for creating and executing the roadmap for the company's core software product offering: the Cesia Continuum®, an enterprise platform for delivering high-acuity medical care in the home instead of in a traditional hospital. As a key member of our technology team, you'll help define the architecture of our platform and oversee the development efforts of a full-stack software team. You’ll lead by example in a very gratifying quest to deliver world-class software that not only adheres to engineering best practices and software design principles, but also changes the face of the trillion-dollar healthcare industry.
Cesia’s goal is to enable acute care at home, at scale. A critical part of that product strategy is to provide clinical value through workflow, data and analytics, so you'll work closely with our clinical and product team leadership team to find opportunities to deliver high value, measurable clinical interventions that are enabled - uniquely - by our platform. We believe that innovation comes from combining many perspectives – deep clinical experience, a knowledge of how healthcare organizations do (and don’t) work, and a sense of the opportunities that come from new technologies.
As a young company, Medically Home looks for employees who are interested in learning, growing, and picking up the ball and running with it. Engineering hires will join an established team that prides itself on over-delivering and exemplifying success in a fast-paced startup. The ideal candidate for this role will look forward to learning new technologies and domains and enjoy balancing focus between fast growth and responsible engineering discipline.
Reports To: Senior Director of Software Engineering. Travel: Occasional
- Contribute to software development efforts to Medically Home’s enterprise platform, especially around areas of traditional web application development
- Provide technical leadership to our remote Software Engineering in Ukraine and ensure engineering best practices are followed
- Identify process improvements that will streamline and shape software delivery
- Provide architectural guidance, review and collaboration for engineering team members
- Collaborate with the Product Owners and Business Analysts to derive product requirements and structure them into technical tasks
- Participate in a support rotation to provide emergency engineering coverage after hours
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry, focused on in multiple roles touching back-end and front-end development and scalable, high-reliability systems
- Experience delivering cloud-based technology solutions, including fundamental architecture decisions related to scalability and long-term supportability for mission-critical, 24/7 uptime systems
- Ability to discuss, at a deep level, the pros and cons of different design patterns and architectural choices
- Experience operating at an architecture and team lead level on large Java-based projects
- Experience with front-end technologies such as ReactJs or Angular
- Extensive experience in data management platforms, including relational database architecture, query optimization, and data model design
- Ability to understand tradeoffs and properly balance between urgency and importance
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- A desire to learn and grow
Nice to Have:
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience integrating healthcare systems, particularly remote monitoring tools.
- Experience with telephony and/or video platform architecture.
- Background in healthcare related applications.
- Background in IoT and sensor data management