The Data Center Infrastructure Architect be a member of the DevOps team working closely with management and other team members to understand current and future IT infrastructure needs and assist in the design, documentation, and implementation of solutions to solve and meet those needs. Working in a collaborative team environment you will recommend technologies and improvements to enhance systems to support organizational goals. The candidate must exhibit a high level of enthusiasm and have a strong focus on innovation with security from the group up approach. You will work onsite with other team members to build out, maintain, and support both current and new infrastructure in a high-security, high-availability environment.
- Strong background in Linux administration
- Deep knowledge of data center, networking, and storage solutions
- Experience with automation/configuration management using various tools
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Extensive, real-world experience designing enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures
- Experience building and supporting mission-critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner.
- Experience with multi-tier system development for large enterprises and/or service providers
- Exposure to infrastructure and application security technologies and approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and standards
- Experience in IT lifecycle management
- Experience in project and task planning
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques
Responsibilities may include: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in technologies and procedures
- Recommends purchases of hardware, software, and infrastructure for data center operations
- Maintains and creates thorough and accurate documentation
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art technologies
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Assist with the training and development of fellow team members
- Other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years’ technical experience in design, system installations, administration, and or support of critical business systems.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with multi-tier systems in environments
- Experience building and supporting mission-critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly-distributed manner.
- Excellent and proven communication skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of network routing and switching, load balancers, firewalls, and various other networking systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills to drive to the root cause.
- The ability to see the “big picture” and scope requirements to the organization’s direction.
- The candidate is expected to have a solid moral compass, a high level of ownership, and a desire to work in a high tempo work environment
- Extremely motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to deliver exceptional results in an exciting and rising company
- Ability to pass Criminal Background Checks
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting, and carrying (up to fifty (50) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer workstation for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment, though travel may expose employees to inclement weather conditions.
- Valid Driver's License and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced.
Performance measures for this position will be based on the following criteria
- 30% Quantity/quality of team contributions
- 20% Strategic direction with an enthusiastic attitude
- 30% Demonstration of the technical skills needed for this position
- 20% Timeliness of completion of OKR projects and tasks
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MIE/EH is an equal opportunity employer. Working for MIE/EH is about joining a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. We strive to continually lead with our values and beliefs that enable everyone at MIE/EH to develop their potential, bring their full self to the workplace, and engage in a workplace of diversity and inclusion