The DevOps Linux Systems Automation Engineer will function as a key member of our DevOps team in charge of managing a large and highly distributed computing environment. The candidate will collaborate with other teams on system-related interfaces and projects, and work within the organization to troubleshoot issues and implement systems-related projects. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in change management and documentation skills. Experience with CentOS, Ansible, Vagrant, Proxmox, PXE boot, Kickstart and GitHub is a requirement. Knowledge of server hardware and networking in a sophisticated HA environment. This role requires a creative thinker able to operate in a high-security environment with strong organizational, documentation, and communication skills. Must work well in a close-knit team of skilled professionals.
- Strong background in Linux administration
- Deep knowledge of data center, networking, and storage solutions
- Experience with automation/configuration management using various tools - Experience with Ansible, Vagrant, Proxmox, PXE boot, Kickstart and GitHub is a requirement
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Extensive, real-world experience designing enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures
- Experience building and supporting mission-critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner.
- Experience with multi-tier system development for large enterprises and/or service providers
- Exposure to infrastructure and application security technologies and approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and standards
- Experience in IT lifecycle management
- Experience in project and task planning
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques
Responsibilities may include: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in technologies and procedures
- Recommends purchases of hardware, software, and infrastructure for data center operations
- Maintains and creates thorough and accurate documentation
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art technologies
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Assist with the training and development of fellow team members
- Other duties as requested
- Must have a minimum of 7 years technical experience in design, system installations, administration, and or support of critical business systems.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with multi-tier systems in environments
- Experience building and supporting mission-critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly-distributed manner.
- Excellent and proven communication skills.
- Knowledge of network routing and switching, load balancers, firewalls, and various other networking systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills to drive to root cause.
- The ability to see the “big picture” and scope requirements to the organization’s direction.
- Candidate is expected to have a solid moral compass, a high level of ownership, and desire to work in a high tempo work environment
- Extremely motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to deliver exceptional results in an exciting and rising company
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Ability to pass Criminal Background Checks.
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced.
Performance measures for this position will be based on the following criteria
- 30% Quantity/quality of team contributions
- 20% Strategic direction with an enthusiastic attitude
- 30% Demonstration of the technical skills needed for this position
- 20% Timeliness of completion of OKR projects and tasks
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MIE/EH is an equal opportunity employer. Working for MIE/EH is about joining a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. We strive to continually lead with our values and beliefs that enable everyone at MIE/EH to develop their potential, bring their full self to the workplace, and engage in a workplace of diversity and inclusion