We're looking to add a creative engineer with a good measure of grit and panache to our Ad Technology team. If you're excited about building bleeding edge technology in an ever-changing (and never boring) industry and you're looking for an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed, we encourage you to apply!
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview:
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Mediavine you will work on our Ad Tech team, focusing on systems that facilitate auctions with advertising partners as well as ad delivery on publisher websites. You'll be working with:
- Scripts executing on 7,500+ publisher sites
- Servers operating at 400,000+ requests per minute
- Services hosting 12,000,000+ auctions per minute
Sound intense? Sometimes! We can promise you won't be bored and you'll have endless opportunities to put your creative problem solving skills to good use.
- Interpret and fulfill engineering sprint stories
- Develop complex features and bug fixes
- Solve problems with grit and determination
- Develop creative solutions to help us stay ahead of the curve in ad technology
- 5+ years of professional coding experience
- Proficiency with Typescript
- Extensive professional coding experience across a broad array of projects
- Experience developing and using A/B testing mechanisms
- Experience and passion for page performance and measurement with tools like Lighthouse
- Experience with Video.js
- Experience in the Ad Technology Industry
- Experience working in a remote working environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those?!)
- Remote work environment
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Access to experienced engineers with direct mentorship opportunities
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Salary: $110k-130k