What We Are Building
From Moonshots to ML for the Masses
McD Tech Labs leverages the best of Silicon Valley’s ability to solve the unsolvable with transformational technology and the world’s most recognizable restaurant brand known for delivering innovative solutions to make delicious, feel-good moments happen for 65 million people every day. From prototype to production in staggeringly fast iterations, McD Tech Labs has designed, tested, and deployed next-generation AI-powered technology at the forefront of Silicon Valley innovation. This allows our engineers and tech leads to get their hands dirty building a product in real-time.
Here at McD Tech Labs, we offer a rare opportunity to design real-world technology that is already live in the Drive Thru, reinventing the fast food experience today. So, what is this next-generation technology we’re developing? It’s McDonald’s industry-leading AI-enabled voice ordering system for the Drive Thru.
Welcome to McDonald’s. What Can I Get You?
McD Tech Labs is developing, testing, and deploying an AI-enabled voice system to automate the McDonald’s Drive Thru order taking experience. Combining both hardware and software and deployed at the speaker post, the automated order taker (AOT) takes customer orders in the Chicagoland area to the tune of thousands of orders daily, learning from those orders and human interactions along the way.Our AOT has the potential to revolutionize the way customers order in the McDonald’s Drive Thru and is just one way that McDonald’s pushes the boundary on innovation in the QSR space.
Who We Are
We love our technology, cutting-edge innovation, and solving tough AI problems.
We are open to new ideas. All voices are valued in the pursuit of learning and building the best tech. We welcome everyone's voice.
We invest in each other and our collective success. From pursing a degree to code pairing, we believe that we are better together.
We trust each other. We hold ourselves and our teammates to a high standard.
We move fast. We encourage bold moves, new ideas, and calculated risk taking.
Who We Are Looking For
We have openings across our Software Engineering, DevOps, QA, Data Science, Infrastructure, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Speech Recognition teams.
Our ideal candidate is one who loves an ambitious challenge, is passionate about the scale of our product, and curious about the latest and greatest in the industry.
At McD Tech Labs, we all have the chance to be part of a transformative product. Learn more about our open jobs and apply at careers.mcdonalds.com (you will be redirected to a McDonald’s Corporation page).
Please note that McDonald’s Corporation (and McD Tech Labs) is not related to Stack Overflow, does control the platform, and does not influence how Stack matches candidates with any jobs or other job-related information.
We’re a small group of thinkers and doers who love to grow, learn, and make a big impact. Within every project we apply well-known technology and skills in unique ways, and each project provides endless opportunities to grow. Our fast-scaling work and ambitious technology aren’t the only things helping us develop our careers; our continued learning programs, career development framework, and supportive environment help everyone achieve their best.
We are looking to hire a Python engineer who likes data puzzles. The Data Engineer will manage data from our AI Drive Thru product all the way from acquisition to processing, storage, transformation, value-added metadata generation and handoff to the modeling engineers. This role will be a key contributor on the machine learning team at McD Tech Labs, with plenty of opportunity to contribute code and make decisions at most points in the pipeline. Interaction with adjacent teams ensures a multitude of varied projects as the AI Drive Thru technology matures and scales. Ideal candidates will enjoy finding and solving edge case issues and be curious about exploring new things.
- Maintain and improve the data pipeline code from ingestion to training
- Drive the quality assessment of Spanish language datasets
- Contribute to the design and implementation of data tooling code that supports multiple key projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team on building the data management tools
- Manage continuously growing data sets at scale
- B.S. in Computer Science, Data Science, or similar technical field, or equivalent professional experience
- Proficient reading and writing Spanish
- 3+ years professional experience with Python
- Experience with Linux/Unix command line tools
- Experience using distributed revision control systems such as git or mercurial
- Experience using cloud computing services such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and various stakeholders
- Fully fluent in Spanish
- Professional experience using SQL and/or NoSQL
- Familiarity with using, building, and maintaining data pipelines
- Designing and using APIs
- Experience with Java
- Direct or indirect experience with Machine Learning
- Experience using AWS Compute and Analytics Service
- Familiarity with connectors like REST, SOAP, ODBC