World leading automation equipment & robotic systems OEM has immediate need for Controls Engineer fluent in machine controls, motion controls experience strongly preferred.
EE-Controls Engineer will work on robotic automation systems involving the origination, design, and development of new robotic products, tools, and components and/or the modification and improvement of existing designs. Will have an electrical and controls design focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Must be able to perform advanced electrical design calculations to verify the overall outcome of the design requirement/intent.
· Attend project kickoff meetings and provide input.
· Communicate directly with the customer on technical issues.
· May be responsible for assisting in generating and managing project schedules, managing project budget and leading engineering team.
· Will be assigned to several projects at one time.
· Travel required on an occasional basis. Must have valid driver’s license and full coverage automobile insurance.
· Must follow ISO procedures as the job requires and provide feedback to improve our processes.
· Assist in maintaining project folders for assigned projects.
· Able to understand and apply industry standards.
· Designs and develops robotic systems to meet customer specifications or project requirements.
· Conduct (develop) tests to assure success during project validation or verification.
· Facilitate design reviews with customers, suppliers, and/or other departments to ensure sound designs and drawing accuracy.
· Analyze test data to assure design meets functional and performance specifications.
· Coordinate and assist in solving technical problems during debug and at customer site.
· Provides technical support and leadership to customer, engineering team, customer service, manufacturing, etc.
· Has strong understanding of systems. Must possess strong understanding of one or more automated process along with application of those processes (i.e. material handling, product sorting, barcode reading, computer vision, etc).
· May be responsible for assisting with closed order analysis on assigned projects.
· Communicate project status with team members.
· May assist in preparing and presenting engineering change documentation.
· Machine design experience essential.
· Programmable Logic Control (PLC) programming experience essential. Allen-Bradley (RSLogix) programming a plus.
· Computer vision programming experience a plus. Cognex Insight programming experience a plus.
· Motion control programming experience a plus.
· Serial I/O (Ethernet/IP, OPC, etc.) design experience a plus.
· Must be able to develop electrical designs and detail schematic designs for assembly. AutoCAD 2D electrical design skills essential.
· Experience designing automation including pneumatic and electro-mechanical systems essential.
· Experience designing and specifying electrical and controls for conveyors, pick and place systems, linear motion systems, print and apply labeling systems, industrial machine safety systems/barriers desirable.
· Generate specifications that provide detailed component selection and Bills of Material (BOM)
· Adhere to project schedule and budget requirements.
· Must be a team player willing to work across disciplines in a team environment to solve problems and do what it takes to make a project successful.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science degree and four to six years related experience in machine controls, robotics-automation experience strongly preferred.