Digital auto retail will be 2021's shining light. Automotive E-commerce Transaction levels have increased dramatically and will continue to soar post-pandemic. Market Scan is a leading provider of technology and analytical solutions for the automotive industry and our software products are in high demand. The company’s proprietary technology and analytics mine value from vast amounts of data to enable efficient, frictionless and scientifically accurate transactions. Market Scan’s solutions facilitate easier, more complete, competitive and accurate results, enabling automotive dealers, lenders and manufacturers to provide better products, experiences and profitability to serve customers and take share.
We are in search of a Senior Software Engineer who will work with an awesome team of developers. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to Market Scan's existing products. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
Remote or Hybrid work location available.
What you will do:
- Work with a fantastic group of people in a supportive environment where training, learning and growth are embraced
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Either strong OOP or Functional Programing and modeling skills
- 4+ years professional experience with SQL Server
- 6+ years professional experience with C#
- Experience coding, testing and documenting front end technologies using contributed modules and developing custom modules as needed
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered on a mass scale
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Knowledge of Visual Studio and supporting tools Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to work in a general office environment
- Ability to handle extended periods of computer-based work
Excellent benefits, 401K with employer match and generous PTO.