As a DevOps Engineer, A typical Day might include the following.
- Use infrastructure as code and configuration management tools to build and maintain highly available, secure, resilient, and scalable systems in the cloud.
- Collaborate with the development team to ship new features and services into production.
- Use tools and scripting languages to automate processes.
- Configure and manage servers running various operating systems, data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Understand how IT operations are managed.
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT.
This job is for you if
You are good at -
- Building tools and CI/CD pipelines
- Deployment of automation tools such Jenkins, Travis CI, CodePipeline, Codebuild
- Containerization and container orchestration technology (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Source control and administration tools including Git, VPN, Secure Shell, etc.
- Linux or Unix-like systems administration, performance, and tuning.
You are extra awesome at -
- Infrastructure automation and monitoring using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Helm, Perl/bash/python Scripting, Amazon SDKs/CLI, (Cloudwatch, Log stash, Kibana, Log Analytics,
- Public Cloud (IaaS, PaaS) and Infrastructure as Code capabilities.
- Using scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Bash) and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc).
- Motivated and Driven to work with system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including EC2, S3, RDS, ECS, ECR, etc.
- Experience on a remote-focused team