Blossom in a meaningful career. Working with our elderly, you’ll grow as a caregiver—and as a person. Here you can practice and be appreciated for your heartfelt care. You can thrive making a real difference in the lives of real people. With the daily opportunity to build relationships with our seniors, their families and friends, you’ll flourish in a career that’s abundantly fulfilling.
C.N.A. performs basic duties to assist participants in maintaining an environment consistent with their needs. Assists participants in their mobility exercises to help them be more independent for their activities and maintain their current level of functioning. C.N.A. provides care, across care settings (center or home) in a manner that ensures participant satisfaction and retention. Assists participant in such activities as walking, transfers, use of mobility devises, getting to and from restroom, toileting, providing incontinence care, feeding, showering, getting in and out of transportation vehicles, and socialization at the center. Knowledge and support of the mission and core values of the LIFE Program are important to successful performance, as are commitment to and demonstration of a spirit of teamwork.Job Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Current C.N.A. certification.
- Satisfactory completion of requirements of the Department of Education necessary to be a nursing assistant. At least one year experience with a frail or elderly population.
- Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Must have dependable transportation with a valid driver's license in order to visit clients in their homes and other sites.
Lutheran SeniorLife and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers.