Electrical Engineering Manager
High Voltage Distribution Manager
Leading Facilities and Maintenance Service Provider seeks an experienced Electrical Engineering Manager for our Houston facility. We need an experienced electrical engineering manager to supervise and lead our team of linemen. We are looking for an individual with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Sorry, no sponsorships available.
MUST BE US CITIZEN OR LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT.
- $130-140K depending on experience
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401K and the like
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
· Required - Registered Texas Professional Engineer
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in maintenance/operation of 138KV to 4160 volt utility or large industrial electrical systems including generation
· Experience managing projects and reporting their status to management
· Experience with common electrical maintenance practices and tests, including evaluating test results
· Experience working with software such as ETAP for fault current analysis, relay settings/coordination, load flows, and arc-flash studies
Position Hiring Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Texas driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test
If you are an ideal candidate for our High Voltage Manager who is interested in joining a dynamic, growing team and meet the above referenced requirements, please apply now with a Word version of your resume.Job Requirements
The High Voltage Manager supervises, maintains, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies power transmission, distribution, and generation systems and equipment.
You will supervise a team of union linemen and are responsible for planning and scheduling maintenance to equipment. You will plan and schedule maintenance to equipment and write/approve and execute utility procedures to lock-out and tag-out equipment to be maintained safely. You will write the scope of work specifications for outside contractors to bid on installations or maintenance that cant’ be performed by the linemen.
You must be familiar with requirements to install and maintain transformers, vacuum circuit breakers, gas circuit breakers, relays, reclosers, switches, and fuses. Must have experience with software like ETAP for fault current analysis, relay settings/coordination, load flows and arc-flash studies. You should be familiar with insulation tests; i.e. Doble power factor and Megger, insulating oil tests, and be able to interpret tests such as transformer turns ratio, ductor tests, and partial discharge analysis.
As the manager, you will respond to trouble calls 24 hours/ day providing urgent restore service direction to the Linemen and reporting status to management.
You will need to have previous experience with project management and direct projects to adhere to schedules and budgets. You are expected to make regular progress reports to management about projects schedule and costs. You must have cost estimating and design experience and update one-line and shop drawings.
· Supervises duties, work performance and activities performed by the Linemen
· Designs, plans, and oversees installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and components
· Defines requirements and creates specifications for equipment installation, repair, and maintenance work performed on transmission and distribution systems by contractors
· Specifies appropriate equipment based on reliability, performance, availability and maintainability
· Writes and approves utility procedures to permit Lock-out, Tag-out of equipment to be maintained safely
· Ensures vendor designs comply with site requirements and verifies designs are implemented with consideration to power management, electrical safety standards and reliable performance