What you’ll do as Software Engineering Manager
You'll have a shared responsibility for leading and managing our DevOps teams that develop and maintain Lobster’s digital eLearning and Audit solutions and as part of our central product and technology team, you will participate in designing our long-term technology strategy.
As natural leader you’ll want to build and establish a culture of accountability, quality, agility, and high performance that will foster the attraction, development and retention of outstanding product and technical talent.
50% of your time will be focused on team growth and people management
- Be an inspirational leader for all but especially the developers
- Manage the performance of teams and individuals reporting to you
- Understand your team members, mentor, coach and hear what’s under their skin and provide them with feedback for development
- Set and review individual development goals for your team members
45% of your time will be focused on strategy and technical scalability
- Organize team structures to achieve strategic business priorities
- Position and prepare the technology organization for scalable growth- architecture, development, infrastructure, people, processes, roadmaps, etc.
- Work with our system Architect to design strategies to ensure a scalable product that meets the needs of the market
- Establish strategies around internal vs. external technology investments
5% of your time will be focused on communication and processes
- Communicate technical roadmap(s) and progress of your teams with the business
- Articulate and communicate towards the team's development plans and capabilities, R&D expenditures, product status and overall goals as the company moves forward in its strategy
- Manage monthly technology invoices and payments
- Participate in the recruitment of new Talent
Check out what Lobster is about 'The Future of Learning'.
The qualities we’re looking for
- At least 5 years of experience as a true people leader of a Software Development team with a master's degree in computer science or an equivalent
- Certified AWS / Azure / DASA DevOps fundamentals or equivalent and extensive experience in designing, architecting, implementing, and maintaining one or more of the following: highly scalable web and/or mobile applications, video streaming services, serverless microservices architecture, analytics, real-time reporting & dashboarding
What you’ll get in return
A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing value-driven organization that develops amazing products to disrupt the world of enterprise performance!
And next to that:
- An international diverse department of 20+ nationalities
- The latest agile methods and courses
- To ability to work with cutting edge technologies in the identity domain
- A value-driven culture with frequent transparent retrospectives
- 29 days of paid leave
- The chance to celebrate results and help each other grow by sharing failure
- Excellent working and salary conditions in our awesome office in Amsterdam