*Please apply to only one position at a time.
We provide a server monitoring system based on Prometheus as a service to support LINE Engineers as they operate a variety of services under the LINE Family.
We developed Promgen, a tool to manage Prometheus and Alertmanager configuration, so that development engineers can take control of their own monitoring. By monitoring and forecasting resource usage, we develop tooling to deal with problems before they occur.
?Specifics of Job Description?
- Development of LINE Family Service Observability and Monitoring
- Development Support/Improving
- Observing usage of resources, development of prediction tools
- To develop tooling around Prometheus and the greater Prometheus ecosystem
?Technology We Use?
Prometheus, Saltstack, Python, Django
?No Language Skills Required?
This position requires no prior Japanese language skills. We have a robust English support team and there are many English-speaking employees. Successful applicants without Japanese language skills will be required to attend a Japanese language course for at least the first three months to one year after joining LINE Fukuoka. The language course is sponsored by LINE and is an excellent opportunity to acquire the language.
- 3+ years of professional experience in maintaining and operating a variety of internet services
- 3+ years of professional experience in troubleshooting and operating linux servers
- Experience in developing with multiple programming languages (any language experience is welcome)
- Familiarity with Prometheus and the greater Prometheus ecosystem
- Saltstack/ Ansible/ Configuration management experience
- Django experience
- Log management tools (fluentd, Elasticsearch)
- OSS contribution experience
?Who We’re Looking For?
- Individuals with an eagerness to explore, willingness to learn new technologies, who are intellectually curious, and dares to take on new challenges
- Individuals with sophisticated communication skills who can break down and explain complex matters to anyone
Discretionary and flexible according to ability and speed of work; if projects are completed on time there is no need to stay in the office for extended periods of time.
Minimum salary starting from 6 million Japanese yen per annum (salary based on experience and ability).
*Other details to be discussed during the interview process.