The Sr. Quality Assurance Test Engineer will use detailed technical and application knowledge to create advanced software test procedures and automated scripts for the company’s web-based products. The position requires an experienced tester capable of making significant contributions throughout the product development lifecycle including acceptance criteria, risk analysis, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment. In addition to technical proficiency, strong communication and interpersonal skills are required, as this person will work in a highly collaborative environment.
The position will also be responsible for handling product-related technical support requests.
What you will do and achieve:
- Plan, develop, and execute tests for web-based applications
- Develop automated tests to reduce reliance on manual regression testing
- Respond and resolve technical support requests from clients and employees
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related
- 7+ years testing web-based applications and SaaS software products
- 4+ years developing test automation scripts using Selenium, SpecFlow (gherkin), or Cucumber
- Experience with cloud-based testing infrastructure providers such as SauceLabs
- Experience working with load and performance testing tools
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong working knowledge of software testing best practices
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Interest in collaborative development methodologies such as Agile and Scrum
Other Desirable Attributes
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration / Build Automation best practices
- Ex: Lifting up to 25 lbs., Sitting for extended, continuous periods of time, Communicating via telephone etc.
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
LightBox and all its holding companies are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the LightBox and its holding companies to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCY SOLICITATION PLEASE.