- Assemble and maintain patient charts for admissions, transfers and discharges per facility policy.
- Answer phones in a professional and timely manner and direct calls to appropriate individuals and/or take messages.
- Maintain patient records and administrative reports.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties relating to updating, organizing and communicating information on a nursing unit.
- Coordinate administrative work within the unit as well as with other units and departments.
- Report pertinent information in a timely manner to the immediate supervisor.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from staff and patients.
- Perform maintenance tasks relating to chart order, chart accuracy and chart current data.
- Stock units with office and medical supplies and prepare requisitions to maintain established inventories, as required.
- Fax and photocopy information, as needed.
- Deliver incoming and outgoing mail to the units and distribute announcements and post memos.
- Obtain lab, x-ray and consult reports, as needed.
- Identify and report equipment or environmental problems promptly for correction.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)