As a Senior Software Engineer at Leverege, you’ll be at the forefront of the tech industry, building Internet of Things (IoT) systems that have never been built before. You’ll have the opportunity to implement your skills and experience right away, working with a highly-motivated team of product engineers as you build massively scalable pub/sub systems on top of popular Cloud Platforms.
Leverege is a remote-first company so we embrace work-from-home culture and do not require physical proximity to our headquarters in the Washington DC/Baltimore area.
You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining the Leverege IoT Platform (Full Stack); leading quick turn-around projects; supporting design and troubleshooting efforts internally; mentoring Junior Software Engineers; and promoting technical growth within Leverege.
- Participate in building and maintaining the Leverege IoT Platform (Full Stack)
- Lead quick turn-around projects.
- Support design and troubleshooting efforts internally.
- Document product requirements, implementation steps, and verification checks.
- Mentor Junior Software Engineers.
- Promote technical growth within Leverege, making recommendations on software and training.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a professional environment.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Highly organized with working knowledge of software best practices.
- Solid, working knowledge of cloud products (GCP is a plus, but AWS/Azure are fine).
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with:
- Containerized software (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Databases (NoSQL, SQL, and other Cloud DBs)
- ElasticSearch, Redis
- DevOps (CI/CD - Jenkins, log management - ELK, container automation - Helm)
- React Native
- Experience with Mapping Software (Mapbox, GIS)
- Extensive experience with Google Cloud Products
- Native iOS/Android Development experience
- Knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Experience integrating commodity hardware via wireless connectivity (IP, cellular, BLE, LoRa, etc.)