Colorado Coagulation, part of LabCorp Specialty Testing Group is seeking a Technologist to work in the Special Coagulation department in Englewood, CO. Colorado. Special Coagulation is an internationally recognized leader in the field of hemostasis. Our commitment to superior service and quality ensures that we provide our clients with the accurate results and scientific expertise to make informed decisions towards patient care. We are seeking highly motivated, quality-driven individuals who are looking for an opportunity to receive in depth training in the constantly evolving, highly specialized field of hemostasis. Enjoy benefits frequently not available in the health care setting: a low employee-to-supervisor ratio; paid time off for six recognized holidays; limited to no regular scheduling on weekends; and an extensive benefits package.
The work schedule for this position is Tuesday - Saturday, 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Provides technical oversight of laboratory personnel with constant and direct supervision of their test-assisting activities.
- If assay performs according to specifications, reports results via instrument interface or manual entry in the LIS.
- Tests specimens according to established procedures.
- Follows standard operating procedures regarding acceptance and rejection of results including reviewing all quality control acceptability and recording all remedial actions if runs are not acceptable. Alerts management to problems in quality control methods and procedures.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment, documents PM appropriately, makes minor repairs and immediately contacts appropriate personnel for problems requiring more complex repairs.
- Adheres to the standard operating procedures and safety requirements of Esoterix, CLIA, CAP and other regulatory bodies.
- Documents all quality assurance activities as necessary including preventative maintenance logs, instrument function checks, troubleshooting, and quality control to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Independently troubleshoots simple and complex assay problems and provides suggestions to management as warranted.
- Creates or updates standard operating procedures.
- Trains lab personnel on departmental procedures and company policies and procedures.
Starting pay is $30.00/hr and commensurate with experience. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Company bonus where applicable.