Are you sick of stacking a normal show, bored of the traditional newscasts?
Daybreak is looking for you!
WFAA's Daybreak newscast is one of the leading innovative newscasts that brings news, information and variety every morning.
This producer will own the 5am show and work collaboratively with the Executive producer, senior producer and other team members daily.
- Encourage innovation and risk-taking in crafting great newscasts through evoking emotion and showcasing
- Must be creative and a forward-thinker and have excellent news judgment.
- Ability to write clear, concise and accurate copy
- Have a good understanding of social media platforms to incorporate into newscasts.
- Ability to multi-task and handle quickly evolving news situations.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Strong social media skills
- Knowledge of ENPS preferred.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines.?
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit [ Link Removed ] .
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.