The Rental Associate is the property's sales representative whose primary duties are to greet clients, to present professionally the features and benefits of their assigned property and properly secure lease agreements from qualified persons. As a key employee liaison between all guests of the community and the ownership, Rental Associate personnel must have rental/leasing experience in the multi-family industry, must be familiar with using computer software to perform various tasks, must have a proven track record in sales and leasing properties, excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication.
Duties and Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet all guests as they enter the resort maintaining the highest quality of customer service.
- Ensure that all vacant or to be shown lots are locked and unlocked as needed and that the surrounding areas are in "model" condition.
- Show lots to prospects and follow up on daily traffic.
- Prepare all lease/rental documents.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Conduct all business in accordance with KWPM's policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, background check, and rental history, etc.)
- Submit processed applications to the General Manager/APM for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure that the lot is ready for resident to check-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect's needs.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property, sister properties and competitors.
- Secure new resident (s) signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to check-in or arrival. Orient new residents to resort.
- Ensure the lot is ready for the resident to check-in on agreed date.
- Open the onsite real estate office daily, including ensuring cleanliness of the office, preparing refreshments for the potential guests, taking phones off overnight service, checking and responding to all voicemails and emails.
- Utilize proper phone etiquette for all incoming and outgoing phone calls. All calls should be clear and in a professional manner.
- Report any violations of the rules and regulations that are noticed at any time to the Compliance Officer.
- Observe precautions required to protect residents, guests and property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to the supervisor.
- Close out work orders daily, weekly, monthly and follow up with residents to make sure everything has been completed.
- Coordinate with office administrative staff to maintain and update all resident information in computer software.
- Assist in developing and implementing effective marketing strategies to increase property traffic and internet advertising.
- Post and update social media advertisements and ensure maximum property exposure.
The position will be primarily working in an office. Will be working around the community showing units and welcoming guests upon arrival.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 30 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work will be determined by the property. This schedule may change to accommodate the business needs of the property.
Travel is not required for this position
Required Education and Experience
- Active Florida Real Estate License with two years of sales or leasing experience.
- Associate's Degree.
- Position requires excellent leasing and closing skills; and the person must have computer skills and be organized.
- Operate telephone, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word and MS Outlook, community software.
- Ability to understand and explain lease documents.
- Ability to sell the property's products and services to prospects.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KW Property Management & Consulting is a drug-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Greet customers on sales floor
- Returning merchandise to sales floor
- Delivering sales presentations in store
- Seek out customers in store
- Assisting customers in locating store
- Face sales of services to retail customers
- Face sales of services to retail customers
- Driving overall sales results within store
- Attract customers and promote sales
- Analyze current store sales and profitability
- Encourage sales by promoting merchandise and products to customers
- Participate in store opening and store closing duties
- Greet customers and facilitate in-store sales
- Perform managerial functions or duties as assigned by store manager
- Replenish stock on the sales floor
- Provide sales assistance to customers in other areas of store
- Achieving sales and other store financial goals
- Develop information on retail customers to enhance sales
- Greet customers as enter the store
- Assist customers during the sales process