We are seeking a Software Engineer (Remote) to help Knock build a comprehensive data platform that offers a diverse property database to internal and external users. This person will be excited to dive into the onboarding of new data, while data analysis is your key strength.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating great products to help millions of people buy or sell a home without risk, stress, and uncertainty. This is a unique opportunity to work on both data engineering and software development.
At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate & support our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.
As a Software Engineer (Remote) you will:
- Build data pipelines and aggregate data.
- Design data schemas and optimize internal data warehouses, augmenting data from multiple sources.
- Design, build, and maintain REST APIs to serve data to customers
- Cross-functionally collaborate with our Data Science and Machine Learning teams.
- Understand the data that powers our applications, and be able to propose appropriate data models for new features.
- Build new ETL jobs from scratch, as well as maintain existing jobs.
- Be committed to good engineering practice of testing, logging, alerting and deployment processes.
- Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines.
- Drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions.
We’re looking for Knockstars who:
- Have experience building data pipelines and utilizing programming tools to do so.
- You should be versed in developing APIs to serve data produced by ETL jobs
- You have a desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success, and are comfortable learning new technologies and tools
- All of our teams have a strong customer-first mindset and data-driven approach to our work, and that should be your approach as well
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous.
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
What We can Offer You:
- Equitable compensation offered based on your accomplishments, experience, and what market data shows in your geographic region.
- Offering full medical, dental, vision benefits, flexible work schedules, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory), 401k, paid parental leave, and many amazing benefits to impact our people’s lives.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the continental United States.
- This is a 100% remote, work from home, full-time career at Knock.