Keller Management Services, LLC, headquartered in Hanover, MD, is a leading geotechnical contractor and engineering service firm in North America and is part of Keller Group Plc (a UK publicly listed company). KNA annual revenues approximate $1.7B - generated from approximately 60 KNA locations across the U.S. and Canada.
We are seeking a Travel Manager to join our team and continue the roll-out of a managed travel program for business transient, construction crews, and meeting and events. Annual spend in this area approximates $20-30M. Preferred location is in our Hanover, MD headquarters; however, the position could reside in one of Keller's main offices or virtually. The Travel Manager will report to the Vice President of Procurement.
This position will have two broad responsibilities.
First, the Travel Manager is expected to lead all aspects of a robust managed travel program including the following:
- Continue the launch and development of KNA's managed travel program, which began earlier this year.
- Management of KNA's travel management company (TMC) and online booking tool (OBT) provider.
- Negotiate favorable KFNA agreements with the appropriate airlines, hotel/lodging, car rental, and other ancillary travel related providers and ensure they are properly incorporated into KNA's managed travel program
- Bolster existing TMC and OBT training and conduct KNA traveler training and education as needed.
- Analyze travel spend and develop strategy to provide optimum value to KNA travelers at the lowest total cost.
The second set of responsibilities will involve sourcing of lodging for KNA's construction crews and event/group travel management. (Construction crews typically involve 5-10 people and can last anywhere from 1 week to 1 month and even longer.)
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- 3-5 years' experience managing a business travel program, preferably for an engineering, construction, or project (crew) based business
- Strong knowledge of the business travel industry and the various verticals of suppliers - air, hotel, car, travel technology, and travel management companies (TMCs).
- Familiarity with travel technology tools, such as; online booking tools, expense, virtual payments, GDS, meetings & events, sourcing tools, etc.
- Focus on continual improvement to the managed travel program, interacting with stakeholders both internally and externally, to drive the program forward with results.
- Analytical with ability to problem-solve and work in a decentralized environment to effectively manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Willingness to explore creative and innovative travel technologies and solutions
- Proficiency in use of collaboration tools including Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint, Zoom, G-Suite, SLACK and Smartsheet)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and demonstrated abilities to deliver presentations and influence different audiences
- The ability to work with a high level of detail with accuracy, precision, and organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects, driving results independently and as part of a team
Our Preferred Requirements Include
- Global Travel Professional (GTP) certification
- Demonstrated success sourcing lodging for construction crews.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Business, Procurement, Finance, or related travel program management field.
Three years of relevant experience in managing most or all aspects of a business travel program