As the Service Technician supporting our Upstate New York branches (Tonawanda & Rochester, NY), your primary responsibility will be to provide customer focused controls service support to the Kaman Automation, Engineering Solutions Group.
Kaman Automation, a business unit of Kaman Distribution Group, is comprised of Minarik, Zeller, and G.C. Fabrication, is a leading provider of motion control, automation products, systems and solutions to original equipment manufacturers, industrial production plants, and infrastructure facilities throughout North America. We are committed to helping our customers achieve high performance by providing quality and state-of-the-art products with the technical support to back them. Our people are the foundation of our success and we recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify customer requirements and provide technical solutions to meet or exceed customer needs.
- Communicate with customers both on the phone and in person. Frequent site visits for both scheduled and emergency service calls.
- Attend in-office meetings as required, relay pertinent information found from service visits and resolution details to engineers and customers, and provide details on next steps if necessary.
- Conduct on-site service calls or on-site project meetings as required to install programming changes and/or to perform hardware or software modifications supplied for start-up.
- Attend training or conferences as required for skilled training in the office or at a customer site.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and plans to determine requirements and communicate and execute solutions based on specifications and clarifications.
- Must have the ability for self-training and self-motivating to quickly learn customer software and hardware preferences.
- Perform field modifications to control panels, instrumentation, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), perform installations of new or replacement equipment as necessary, provide service coordinator details on replacement or new part needs, document in detail on field service work forms the service work performed.
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology, or equivelant work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Skill and Abilities
- Strong desire to learn about the products and industry to be able to apply product applications to best serve customer needs.
- Ability to think analytically and creatively problem-solve.
- Self-directed and strong self-motivation. Detail oriented. Strong organizational and time-management skills. Ability to provide creative solutions to immediate and critical customer needs. Strong customer focus with positive disposition.
- Strong teamwork skills to identify the correct resources and effectively and efficiently communicate service needs, working as a team.
- Knowledge of basic Lead-lag pumping system strategies, experience with stand-alone embedded pumping controls and PLC pump controls preferred.
- Ability to operate reciprocating saw (sawzall), drill/tap enclosure backplates for additions/modifications to existing control panels, work with modifications on Nema 1, 12, 4, 4x stainless steel panels.
- Experience with 900Mhz radio communications preferred.
- Experience with Schneider Unity, Proface GP Pro Ex, Vijeo Designer, Rockwell Logix, and other PLC/HMI/SCADA packages strongly preferred.
- Experience with Seimens G2 Solo weigh scale controllers, Seimens Hydroranger ultrasonic level measurement systems, various Variable Frequency Drive setups and parameter modifications strongly preferred.
Benefits and Company Overview
Our comprehensive compensation package and benefit program includes:
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax-free tuition reimbursement
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business units: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design, and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis, and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 220 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KDG #KFP #KIT #KAI