What we are doing
Kaizo aims to actively guide employees towards achieving their goals and making an impact at their companies.
We are building a performance development platform for customer support teams that leverages gamification and AI to improve operational efficiency, elevate teams' performance and retention with actionable goals. We are a product-led, fast-growing SaaS company with a diverse team and a globally active customer base.
- Kaizo is leveraging gamification and machine learning to make the daily work experience for customer support agents more engaging, fun and productive.
- We run a microservice-based stream processing platform which processes 200+ million events every day using Akka Streams and Kafka.
- Those services are deployed to Kubernetes on Google Cloud and feed data into Elasticsearch and Mongodb.
- Our systems are designed to be reactive, e.g. responsive, resilient, elastic, and message-driven.
- We are building a realtime Machine Learning engine to continuously adjust the gamification parameters that keep our users motivated and productive.
- We are always scaling up to handle more data with lower latencies.
Your role in our team
As a Senior Scala Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing backend services on existing or new microservices, integrate with third-party APIs, and help run all of this in production. You will work tightly with our frontend developers as well as with our AI Engineers.
You will focus on
- Playing an integral part in the design and architecture of our gamification platform
- Developing features in a fast paced startup environment without compromising automated tests or neglecting software craftsmanship
- Working on our distributed, real-time engine that handles millions of events per day
- Getting our system ready to scale by one order of magnitude
- 'Big Picture' thinking
- Help the AI team implement distributed machine learning algorithms
- Coaching and mentoring Juniors in the team
What you bring to the table
- 6+ years professional experience with Scala Software Engineering
- 4 years experience working with complex data sets in a data driven company
- Experiences with stream processing as well as with designing and implementing REST APIs
- Diverse technology knowledge and a sense of curiosity combined with strong problem solving skills
- Experience with at least some of the technologies used: Akka, Akka-Stream, Akka-Http, Kafka, ElasticSearch, MongoDB
- Experience with deploying services to Kubernetes and running software in production on Google Cloud (or AWS/Azure)
- BS/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A Github or StackOverflow profile is always a good way to impress us; so feel free to include it in your application!
- Being part of an early stage startup we sometimes need you to wear multiple hats just to keep things going, hence being a team player is a must have.
You will work with some of the best global talent to build a tool used by great companies like Miro, Marley Spoon, Footlocker, Soundcloud, Tripaneer or WeTransfer. You will be part of a team of diverse and passionate people with a culture that empowers great work.
What we bring to the table
We do everything to make sure you feel nourished, motivated and supported by offering:
- Teamwork & fun perks when full remote work is required (weekly team games & drinks, morning coffee chats and more)
- Investment into your personal development using our network of internal and external mentors
- New laptop & tools
- Free lunch (even while working from home)
- Flexible working hours and unlimited holiday policy
- Remote possible within the EU time zone
- Workations (2019: Tuscany, 2020: Zoom ?, 2021: ???)