Position: Operations Analyst II/Travel Coordinator
Location: Crystal City, Virginia
The candidate shall provide operations and executive assistance support to Senior Executive government officials including, but not limited to: organizing all domestic and overseas official travel which includes gathering, coordinating and arranging logistical and administrative requirements with other government and non-government executives. Member must be able to travel to accompany the executive personnel on official engagements.
Additionally, the member must be able to have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to track and review incoming correspondence and taskings, monitoring suspenses, and making recommendations for assignment and revisions to actions; handling and providing coordination with internal and external organizations of all operations functions including calendar appointments, Defense Travel System (DTS) entry, meeting coordination and support, visitor management, and security compliance; preparing packages for reviews that are briefings, documents, or any other material that must be staffed through senior Government staff members and leaders and/or coordination with other organizations as necessary for external signatures; prepares memorandums, letters, reports, and spreadsheets as required; organizes all files; coordinates and assists in development/revisions Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); coordinating events such as town halls or other program/organization level meetings; managing visitors and associated security requirements; and managing office supplies. Occasionally, may work directly with clients, requiring good communication skills, as well as fundamental technical troubleshooting abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned):
Must be able to perform the following:
- Provides comprehensive understanding of arranging senior executive travel coordination and logistical requirements
- Conducts extensive professional communications (oral and written) with senior level military, congressional, and non-government officials to organize a variety of different types of engagements
- Exhibits strong adaptability, flexibility, and attention to detail in planning and executing a wide-variety of meetings for senior executive leadership
- Demonstrates a strong ability to coordinate multiple travel events simultaneously regarding different requirements and diverse teams
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant DoD work experience; with no less than two years' experience in an SAP and/or SCI environment
- Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related work experience (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
Travel: Travel required up to 50%
A DoD security clearance may be required for this position.
Work will fair amount of travel as well as sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
Headquartered in Hawaii, KaiHonua, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. KaiHonua, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
KaiHonua LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
KaiHonua LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.