Looking for a challenging and exciting backend position? Want to join a skilled Agile team?
Then we've got the perfect role for you…Our story (the bitesize version):
About the role:
Whether it's party-night pizza or superb salads, we keep millions of food-lovers happy. Having expanded as Just Eat Takeaway.com, we're now delivering in 23 countries worldwide – from the Netherlands to New Zealand. But while our partner restaurants focus on the food, we're all about tech.
Much of that work happens at our Berlin tech hub, where our talented cross-functional teams keep us ahead of the competition.
As a developer in our Courier Payroll Team - courier's earnings - you will be exposed to several business and technical challenges.
Our team builds stuff with DDD and Event-Sourcing in mind to ensure that each cent earned by our Couriers are correct and ready on-time and that such amounts can be audited, validated and available at any time.
Beyond the regular salary our Couriers may still get some additional earnings as bonuses or HR initiatives that aim to keep them always motivated and challenged to deliver their best, in that moment our tech team comes to stage to transform all initiatives planned by our Stakeholders and Product Owners into running code with quality and on time.
About the Team:
In order to achieve our goals you will need to implement code that follows good design and architecture practices especially that ones related to DDD, Clean Code, Clean Architecture, SOLID principles, TDD, BDD, Event-Driven (EDA) and Microservices
Can you deliver…
We are an agile and multifunctional team formed by talented people who keep aligned continuously and make use of Event Storming to discover and explore new features before going deeper and dirty our hands on coding.
We also value diversity that for us is not a taboo but rather our natural way to interact and collaborate to achieve our goals, our team is built by many different nationalities which help us to keep an environment more diverse and creative.
As a Java Backend Developer, you will be part of our team and we hope you can help us with the following skills:
- +3 years' experience as a developer
- Java technologies and frameworks
- Springboot and other spring projects
- NoSQL and/or SQL databases
- Good knowledge in Git/Gitlab versioning control system
- Messaging/streaming brokers
- CI/CD pipelines
- Logging and monitoring production services
Nice to have:
Although not being a hard requirement would be great if you have some experience on:
- 12 factor app
- Kafka platform
- AWS or other cloud provider
- Kubernetes (as developer)
- Axon Framework
- Event Sourcing architecture
Like the best food pairings, we think your skills and our great rewards belong together. That's why you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- The chance to make an international impact in a varied and exciting backend role
- Great company events, including our annual summer party and snow event
- The chance to work in our dynamic, friendly Berlin tech hub (we're just by Potsdamer Platz!)
- Contribution to your pension plan
- Office perks: Delicious tea and coffee, ping pong, regular drinks events…and more
- Contribution to travel costs and ordering lunches
Think you have the right ingredients? Click ‘Apply Now' to send us your CV!