Performs receptionist, registration, and clerical duties associated with direct and scheduled patient admissions.
- Ensures that all necessary demographic, billing, and clinical information is obtained and entered in the registration system with timeliness and accuracy.
- Distributes and explains forms, documents, and educational handouts to patients or family members.
- Meets with patient or patient’s caregiver before or after admission to exchange necessary information and documentation. Provides explanation of process and addresses concerns and questions.
- Communicates with admitting physician’s office, nursing unit staff, and/or other appropriate personnel regarding admission to exchange necessary information and determine placement.
- Verifies insurance benefits and obtains precertification/authorization as necessary. Determines and accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles, or refers to financial counselors for follow up.
- Review and comply with LifePoint Code of Conduct and all relevant Company and Division policies and procedures.
High school Diploma or GED required. Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.