ABOUT THE ROLE
The Cloud and DevOps Engineer will own the cloud-based production system and will maintain and grow the Itemize infrastructure on AWS to meet business and security needs. Responsibilities will include:
- Own, manage, and maintain the AWS ecosystem assets including VPCs + Security Groups, API Gateway + Lambda, ECS/ECR & Fargate, EC2, RDS, CloudFormation, WAF, S3, and IAM
- Ensure the availability, performance, security, and scalability of the production system by implementing proactive system monitoring
- Support CI/CD pipelines for the platform and serverless APIs through the use of scripts and CodePipeline/CodeBuild/CodeDeploy services
- Provision system security by leveraging best practices and best-in-class cloud security solutions, including maintaining infrastructure to be PCI and SOC compliant
- Maintain data replication, database configuration and server upgrades, as well as disaster recovery environments specifically to minimize RPO and RTO
- Provide operational support for system troubleshooting and problem resolution by creating and maintaining documentation and runbooks
- Serve as quality gatekeeper for pre-production testing, approving releases only when production readiness criteria are met
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years professional work experience in AWS administration with strong fundamentals in compute, networking, security and storage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools like ECS/Kubernetes
- 2+ years CI/CD and DevOps experience using Infrastructure as Code tools to create and maintain release pipelines
- 2+ years experience with Linux system administration
- AWS and/or related DevOps certification(s)
- Experience maintaining databases: Aurora MySQL in RDS and DynamoDB
- Experience with tools for managing costs, security, and compliance for cloud environments
- Experience working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- High energy atmosphere of an AI-driven FinTech scaleup that has great traction towards global success and already serves clients across four continents, including Fortune 500 companies. And we are just getting started!
- We value education and professional development and encourage employees to take ownership, become subject matter experts, and bring new ideas to the table to challenge themselves and their teammates.
- Enjoyable working environment: A diverse international team of techies, dog lovers, globetrotters, and musicians. We offer flexible PTO and a generous benefits package, and highly value independence. Our team enjoys spending time together with fun virtual activities and we look forward to re-establishing face to face events soon!
Itemize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Itemize does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.