This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home at least through July 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is a well-established, independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We are known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Overwatch, Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
We are looking for DevOps Architect capable of developing and continually evolving infrastructure, server, and deployment strategies. If you are an experienced, AWS-focused engineer, who’s excited about games, and excited about working in a creative environment with new technologies and innovating to solve problems, this could be the perfect role for you. See why Great Place to Work recently certified us as a great place to work!
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Architect infrastructure to host a multitude of game-related services.
- Work with game developers and application engineers to deploy game servers and services into cloud-hosted environments.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain multiple game server fleets and APIs.
- Develop and maintain automated deployment pipelines across environment stages.
- Configure service availability and performance monitoring.
- Author run-books to help maintain environments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve service impacts in deployed environments with minimal downtime.
Qualifications: (If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect and/or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Experience architechting and deploying solutions from development through production
- Scripting in Python using Boto3
- Linux server administration
- Understanding of TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSockets, SocketIO, SSL & TLS
- Experience exercising Infrastructure-as-Code methodologies to deploy and provision resources
- Docker containerization and orchestration
- CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Monitoring and logging via Cloudwatch, Grafana, New Relic, Splunk
- Experience with AWS technologies including: Route53, Cloudfront, WAF, API Gateway, Lambda, ALB, ECS, EKS, Elasticache, Gamelift, DynamoDB, RDS, S3
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment are essential to making great games and being awesome in everything we do. Therefore, we actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.