Title: IT Applications Trainee
Location: Memphis, TN- 38125
Duration: 8+ Months
Notes: This resource will be working from home during the pandemic. We will expect this resource to work in the office post pandemic.
To be oriented and trained in the Sedgwick software development lifecycle. Working under close supervision performs the following duties: assists in the development/modification of simple software programs; assists in the development and submission of requirements to programmers; and participates in review sessions with IT colleagues.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Develops an understanding of Sedgwick's IT processes and procedures, including the software development life cycle.
- Develops skills and knowledge in required development language to perform assigned tasks.
- Under close supervision, assists in the performance of the following duties:
- Data and system analysis, including loading and balancing creation of derived fields and formatting, process flows and data diagrams.
- Requirement development process and unit testing of simple code units.
- Development and testing of software using Informatica, PL/SQL, Progress, Microsoft.net or other programming languages as specified.
- Investigation of issues and development of resolution in a timely manner with a technical leader.
- Follows per-established departmental standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development; adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
Skills & knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ingenuity and creativity
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Analytical capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Tenacity and patience
- Understanding of business processes and constraints
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
Experience: No experience required. Specific knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl or Progress 4GL highly preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Major in information systems or computer science preferred. Education in interpreting user requirements, business applications design and development of business applications strongly preferred.