Mental Health Therapist:
The Institute for Child and Family Health (ICFH) is a not-for-profit established in 1945 that provides behavioral health and prevention services to children and their families in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. It is one of the oldest and largest community mental health centers exclusively dedicated to the well-being of children and their families in the State of Florida. ICFH employs a staff of more than 400 full-time and part-time employees, and administers multiple contracts and grants from a diversity of funding sources in order to provide services in the following six areas: Child and Family Counseling; Substance Abuse Prevention; Early Childhood Programs; Violence Prevention; Literacy and Educational Development; and Professional Training Programs.
We are seeking Licensed & Unlicensed Mental Health Therapist who will be responsible for but not limited to: Conducting intakes (Licensed Therapist), participating in monthly case staffing meetings and implementing therapeutic treatment plans for emotionally disturbed children/adolescents through individual, group therapy and behavioral management.
- Master's level degree in social work, mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy or psychology with current State of Florida license or Registered Intern status with state of Florida.
- Two years' experience with severely emotionally disturbed children; knowledgeable in areas of child development, family functioning, child abuse and neglect, and resistant clients.
- Skilled in collaborating with other disciplines and services.
- Background screening required.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Ability to work directly with the public
ICFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Work Place. Background Screening is required.Job Requirementssee above