Under general supervision of the Plant Manager, is responsible for the overall control and movement of materials in and out of plants. Directs and administers purchasing, production scheduling and control, inventory and warehouse stock control, warehousing sales order entry, customer service, traffic and shipping.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans and organizes activities of material control department to best utilize personnel to achieve short & long range goals.
- Provides for training of department personnel.
- Ensures that standard procedures are followed in connection of purchases of material and services.
- Participates in preparations of annual forecasts with the sales division.
- Devises methods and policies ensuring most efficient and economical movement of all material in and out of plants.
- Analyzes and evaluates inventory and delivery problems and recommends solutions.
- Coordinates functions related to production and inventory control, and reviews completed sales orders.
- Has authority to assign work assignments within department.
- Maintains liaison among plants, sales divisions, and warehouses to provide efficient customer delivery service.
- Has authority to make decisions regarding materials and delivery. Participates in capital purchases.
- Authorized to purchase materials, supplies, and our processing not on established blanket orders.
- This is done through communication with corporate Materials Control.
- Lead and support LTA, MOS and Continuous Improvement programs.
- Performs other essential functions as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Prefer Bachelors degree in business or operations and at least eight years experience, preferably with an automotive supplier.
Ability to understand and execute contracts relating to materials purchases and deliveries.
MAJOR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- May exert up to 20 pounds of force on occasion.
- Normal office environment.
- May be subject to plant conditions such as loud noise due to operating of machinery, physical hazards due to operating and moving machinery, and breathing fumes and dust.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Distribute raw materials, WIP
- Ensure enough raw material inventory
- Coordinate all purchasing activity for raw materials
- Oversee all inventory control and materials planning functions
- Oversee the procurement of raw materials
- Ensure materials meet expected inventory levels
- Manage raw materials and finished goods inventory to achieve optimum inventory turns
- Improve all inventory and non-inventory purchasing activities
- Improve efficiency of material flow by reducing raw material inventory
- Count and physical inventory of materials
- Implement strategy and plan for purchasing all raw materials
- Manage master inventory levels and inventory
- Maintain inventory of department materials and supplies
- Monitor the factory raw materials
- Manage the purchasing and inventory control functions
- Supervise material and inventory control in accordance with inventory requirements
- Drive inventory and material cost reduction programs
- Reducing raw material costs through direct purchasing from manufacturers
- Manage the materials laboratory and materials database
- Lead and perform material planning activities from raw materials to finished goods