At IdeaScale, we believe solutions to humanity’s biggest challenges exist within each of us. We are a Software as a Service (SaaS) company built to facilitate the human interactions that initiate and drive a culture of innovation for our clients. Those ideas become new products, business models, and services that become the future of that organization. At IdeaScale, you’ll have the opportunity to work with clients in every industry, from government to nonprofit, healthcare to finance, energy to education.
Working from offices throughout the world, our company culture is fast-paced, creative, innovative and collaborative. IdeaScale is also committed to proving that you can be a profitable, growing company while still maintaining ethical business practices. We are working to become carbon neutral, we have high commitments to equality, diversity, and workplace wellbeing and think you can still have a lot of fun along the way. We’re looking for someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves, throw out the rule book (within reason) and think creatively to help our clients reach their innovation goals.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, IdeaScale is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Come join us
What you get to do:
- On-going Sysadmin work on bare metal and AWS instances.
- Proactive system/network monitoring.
- Proactive system capacity planning.
- Deployment and task automation utilizing salt or other methods.
- Issue/ Incident response.
- Peer-level technical support
- Work with the compliance team to implement controls and other security needs.
- Continuous improvement of the system as a whole.
What you bring to the team:
- As a result of a government contract in which this position will be involved, this role requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in CS, IS, IT, or equivalent required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to keep key stakeholders informed in a timely manner
- 5+ years of Linux administration and engineering experience.
- Experience leading, or participating in, the implementation of at least one configuration management system
- Experience deploying a host virtualization platform and containers.
- Experience with fully implemented automation workflows.
- Web Server experience (SAAS experience a huge plus)
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to self-manage and work well independently, as well as in a team within a dynamic environment.
- Strong application, operating system, kernel, and hardware debugging skills.
- Extensive Experience in Networking
- Senior Proxmox Virtualization Experience
- Experience in Kubernetes a plus.
Why work for us:
- Competitive salary and an unlimited PTO policy.
- 401k match which is fully vested after 3 years of service
- A dynamic and fun work environment with passionate, top-notch colleagues
- An opportunity to join a company at an inflection point in its growth pathway
- Leadership that is invested in hearing your ideas and in your professional growth