The VP of Construction is responsible for the construction activities and employees of multiple markets within a region. As the VP of Construction, you will be responsible for driving company value by delivering top-notch outside plant operational performance. Operational performance includes bringing our projects in on time, on interval, on budget, on quality, and on safety specifications.
- Accountable for everything that happens and/or fails to happen within your respective geographic region including, but not limited to, project delivery due date, interval, budget, quality, and safety performance as well as fiber optic maintenance and restoration performance
- Enamors customers with our project delivery excellence
- Prompt delivery of revenue of both new business and existing accounts
- Meets OSP service (OSP commit dates hit, intervals, and production) and financial objectives (NPV, budget) for large and transactional projects
- Interfaces with external customers and assists with company annual revenue growth targets
- Handles internal and external customer escalations
- Leads and manages outside plant staff
- Builds teams with the necessary talent, skill-set, experience, and motivation levels to meet service and financial objectives
- Works in a collaborative fashion with the CEO
- Manages third party suppliers and sub-contractors
- Negotiates third party supplier contracts and sub-contractors
- Issues and manages request for information and requests for quote processes
- Estimates project costs
- Builds and manages project capital budgets
- Meets capital budget targets Manages and reduces OPEX budgets Meets OPEX budget targets
- Manages the overall processes to ensure accurate invoicing and billing
- Other duties may be assigned
- BS degree in Management, Business, or another related technical discipline; and/or equivalent work experience10+ years of management experience in the construction or telecommunications industry with an emphasis on project management and direct customer interface
- Able to manage and motivate a team of 40 employees and managers
- Possess outstanding critical thinking skills and strong decision0making capabilities, able to anticipate risky business situations with deliberate and swift responses
- Ability to travel as needed; both locally and within assigned region
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills as you will interface with subordinates, peers, customers, and vendors.
- All candidates are required to pass a background check including a drug screen and motor vehicle record check that meets company standards.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.