Miller-Keystone Blood Center is searching for an experienced Reference Lab Technologist to work in our Blood Bank. We are an independent, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) community organization that serves as the only blood and immunohematology reference service provider to 22 hospitals in Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Dauphin, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Northampton, and Schuylkill (PA), and Hunterdon and Warren (NJ) counties.
- Perform routine through complex red cell antibody identification and resolution, antigen typing, hemoglobin S testing and procurement of special and rare units, platelet antibody screening and cross-matching.
- Provide written reports and verbal consultation and transfusion recommendations to our hospitals.
- Responsible for quality control, equipment maintenance, training, equipment, and assay evaluation and validation.
- Required to have the ability to multi-task, work independently and operate office and telecommunication equipment.
- Full-time night shift 9pm-7am, Tuesday-Friday, no on-call
- Bachelor’s Degree in a biologic or clinical laboratory science AND certification as a medical technologist (medical laboratory scientist) or eligible
- BB or SBB preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical laboratory experience in Blood Banking
Miller-Keystone Blood Center is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity