**** NOW GATHERING APPLICATIONS FOR AQSC 2021 SEASON START UPS****
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
[ Link Removed ]
Oil and grease moving parts such as gears, shafts and bearings of engine and auxiliary equipment used to propel the vessel by performing the following essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Examine machinery for specified pressure and flow of lubricant.
- Fill oil and grease reservoirs according to machinery lubrication instructions.
- Read pressure and temperature gauges and record data in engineering log.
- Periodically log routine rounds.
- Clean strainers in various systems.
- Keep working area clean, neat, and in orderly condition.
- Maintain engine room by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and performing routine painting.
- Perform maintenance tasks such as packing valves and replacing gauge glass.
- Assist watch engineer in overhauling and adjusting machinery.
- Perform any duties and tasks as deemed necessary by the licensed engineer on watch.
- Ensure behavior and performance supports the company’s Mission
- Follow company values in responding to others in work situations
- Meet “standards for service” behaviors
- Use recovery steps to respond to others who are dissatisfied
- Make hospitality standards an important part of day-to-day duties
- Be a RESPECT System example for others
Requirements & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Professional Certification(s) or License:
- USCG license as an Oiler preferred
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) – if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- Valid MMC
- Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a pleasant and professional manner
- At least two years of experience required in a role with similar duties and responsibilities
- Cruise industry experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Steamboat Company, our mission is to create amazing experiences – not only for our guests, but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First, Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we promise to engage to live those values:
- We treat others – guests and fellow crew members alike – with Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
- We are stewards of the Environment through practicing conservation, protection and education.
- We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe and secure workplace.
- We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following ways:
- We are on time – to start and stop – and we come prepared.
- We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited emotion.
- We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
- We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
- As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and passionately compete like an underdog.
- We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and not stuck in the past.
- We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
- We listen to each other – fellow crew members and guests – and are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
- We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not entertain politics and bureaucracy.
- Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody teamwork by:
- We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our teammates.
- We work hard but have fun and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Steamboat Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.Job Requirements