codeSpark has a newly created opportunity for a Senior Engineer, Fullstack to join our growing team! This role can be remote based in select US locations (AL, CA, CT, FL, GA, ID, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NE, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WY).
HOMER, a BEGiN brand, is the proven early learning program that provides the best educational start possible. We offer personalized, fun, and proven learning products for kids ages 0-10 to help build confidence, mastery, and a love of learning. We are deeply committed to our members and to their children, and we are building a creative and strategic team to develop a portfolio of early learning products that support learning everywhere.
codeSpark is part of the HOMER program, teaching kids 6-10 skills for the 21st century like critical thinking, creativity, and collaborative learning through coding.
- Provide senior-level systems design, development, and support (Node.js, MongoDB, AWS)
- Work closely with product and marketing teams to translate customer needs into technical specifications
- Design, develop, and maintain APIs
- Integrate and maintain 3rd party platforms (authentication, analytics, attribution, etc.)
- Develop front-end web pages for marketing, accounts, dashboards (HTML, CSS)
- Help maintain software, fix bugs, and release updates
- Architect and implement support tools
- Automation of various manual tasks
- 7+ years of experience in web, game, or related software development
- Familiarity with NoSQL database technology such as MongoDB
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and ability to diagnose and prevent these problems
- Experience and passion developing products for kids or casual audience
- Multi-platform development experience on mobile and web
- Experience in full-stack web programming
- Understanding of cloud concepts and hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (Route53, EC2, S3, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS)
- Must be able to thrive in a startup environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with subscription products
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles
- Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits.
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally!
HOMER is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At HOMER, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At HOMER, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they’re a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run training on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.