Business Development Manager - Raleigh
The Business Development Manager primarily supports the HITT Raleigh, North Carolina office in establishing new business relationships for the purpose of securing RFPs for both local and national opportunities. This position will also work closely with internal stakeholders across the country in establishing account-based management processes to further HITTs market share in North Carolina.
The qualified candidate brings strong sales experience and established relationships in the AEC industry and possesses the ability to implement a business development strategy and execute goals set forth for the HITT Raleigh, North Carolina office alongside local office leadership. This person possesses excellent communication skills, an understanding of the AEC industry and the ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines. The ideal candidate preferably has a strong track record of securing work for local and national clients in the corporate office industry.
This role will serve as the primary team member responsible for cultivating new opportunities and relationships for the Raleigh, North Carolina office.
- Business Development: Procure new client and partner relationships based on business development objectives and executes tactics to support overall regional goals. Provides introductions to the Raleigh leadership and reports on sales activities to appropriate levels of management
- Industry involvement: Actively promotes the company's profile and brand by participating in tradeshows, association events, and conferences. Seeks out impactful sponsorship opportunities that leverages Raleigh leadership
- Administration: Leads Raleigh business development meetings; shares relevant information at a corporate level and leverages the corporate Marketing team in the RFP process. Produces weekly reports to show progress in addition to ad hoc reports as requested.
- Data Management: Maintains Raleigh office business development activities within CRM database alongside local leadership and provides reports and forecasts to leadership as needed.
Develops relationships with key corporate accounts to include end users, developers and industry stakeholders utilizing HITTs account-based management process. Responsible for performing quarterly audits for review with Raleigh leadership to review profitability and progress on target accounts.
- Capture: Executes effective capture strategies to turn prospects into secured work. He/she will be expected to collaborate closely with pursuits team to create compelling capture plans while utilizing HITTs proposing to win process.
- Seller Doer: Understands the seller doer process and takes on a collaborative approach to building relationships alongside others to further opportunities for the local office
- Client Experience: Develops and maintains ongoing client and partner relationships to ensure excellent client service. He/she will be expected to demonstrate a consistent experience for prospective and existing clients and partners
Business Development Planning
Lead Raleigh business development planning and submit monthly reports on progress to leadership.
- Develop, implement and measure key business development and brand exposure strategies alongside leadership
- Collaborate with corporate business developers to ensure consistent approach on national accounts
- Execute well defined objectives while identifying market trends and opportunities to ensure HITT's brand position in the Raleigh community
- Provide support to office leadership in developing short- and long-term business development goals
- BS or MS in Construction Management, Architecture, Business or Marketing
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience preferably in the AEC industry, with proven success in sales, corporate business development and account management
- Knowledge in the RFP process, preferably in the AEC industry
- Demonstrable track record of increasing sales responsibility in identifying corporate office and/or mission critical focused end users
- Very strong communication, attention to detail, and negotiation skills
- Travel is required: up to 25%. Includes travel to corporate headquarters in Falls Church, VA
- Industry references are required prior to interview.
HITT Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.