Manage the design, implementation and maintenance of all tooling and equipment used in manufacturing. Responsible to ensure all manufacturing engineering and maintenance processes are efficient and effective. This individual is also expected to be an active member of the staff management team of the Elizabethtown, KY facility.
- Continually improve manufacturing processes to improve cost, quality and throughput. Identify and develop new capital projects required to achieve plant objectives.
- Maintain production equipment through preventative and corrective measures to support production requirements. Maintain the facility to reflect the commitment and pride of the Elizabethtown facility.
- Identify and generate capital equipment requests needed to support improvements in safety, throughput, quality, capacity, new products and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that the tools and fixtures required to support processes are available and in good working order. Introduce new parts and processes that support new product development.
- Manage various projects that support product development, facilities improvement, rework of non-conforming products, etc.
- Oversee the installation of new product processes, including major changes.
- File reports with the state and federal EPA on air, water and waste disposal status. Ensure the plant is compliant with state and federal regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering field required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Must have 5 years' experience in Manufacturing Engineering, preferably in a machining or assembly environment.
- Experience should include direct engineering supervision.
- Experience in leading successful employee involvement efforts is a must.
- Should be familiar with applicable regulatory requirement outlined by OSHA, EPA, NFPA, NEC, and other state/local organizations.
- Must be proficient in analytical problem solving techniques and possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- High attention to detail is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision is a must.
- Must possess strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate and work well with others.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute multiple responsibilities, projects, and activities.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.