As the Lead MMO Backend Developer, you will participate in the development of custom, high-capacity, high-demand gaming architectures.
Do you love to be the expert and idea generator of your domain? Do you enjoy diving in and investigating code libraries, scripting languages, and game engine technologies? Are you a senior-level MMO backend server or game engine developer with a deep understanding of programming principles? We want to talk.
You will adapt to a dynamic set of challenges while leveraging your experience and knowledge to advance our team. We need an engaged engineer, passionate about technology. The right candidate is ready to step in and grow themselves. We are looking for a high-performing software engineer, well-versed in solid design principles, and ready to hit the ground running designing and implementing advanced software.
With a strong path for professional growth, you will use modern programming languages (i.e. C++20) and development practices to work with a small, dedicated team on building a new software architecture. (There's no maintaining someone else's legacy code here!) Our on-site team utilizes modern development practices to engage with our clients on highly specialized (and interesting) problems. We value beautiful, well-tested, high-quality code. To get there, we leverage automation wherever possible.
It takes all types to make Hellebore great. If you are someone who enjoys creating innovative ways to reach ambitious goals, who is open to and energized by receiving honest feedback, and is comfortable in a start-up environment: we should talk.
WE THINK YOU’LL CLICK WITH US IF YOU:
- Aren’t a punch-the-clock coder — technology has always been pervasive in your life, from building drones to contributing to open source sites
- Are a big picture thinker. You want to understand and collaborate with other teams as well as your own to balance needs
- Possess high standards and strive to deliver beautiful solutions
- Have very good knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and software architectures
- Insist on seeing your projects through from start to finish
- Stay sharp in your craft by keeping on top of new tools and staying abreast of what’s going on in your field
- Are open-minded, appreciate direct feedback, and revel in intellectually rigorous environments
- Understand how multiplayer games work and are able to instruct the front end developers accordingly
YOU’LL GROW WITH US BY:
- Having whole-problem responsibility — we don’t feed engineers features and bugs to fulfill
- Working in small teams — we emphasize agile, mission-driven work; not monolithic waterfall projects
- Collaborating with experts in their fields, becoming one of a handful of the world’s sharpest and most engaged minds
- Mentoring and supporting other team members to achieve their best work
YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Handling elements like network culling and packet optimization.
- Working with modeling and simulation tools, scenarios, and utilities
- Consulting on software design, architecture development, and implementation paradigms
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Professional experience on MMORPG, MMO, or Real-Time Multiplayer games.
- U.S. Citizen able to obtain a national security clearance (i.e. Secret, Top Secret, SCI)
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or another related technical field
- Strong Experience with Software Design Patterns
- Demonstrated project ownership, not just participation
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
It’s important to us that you have what you need to do your job best. We know that’s more than just loving what you do. At Hellebore, we are proud to offer industry-leading benefits.