DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 24
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Day (7a-330p) Every other weekend/holiday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
The Nursing Technician performs delegated aspects of patient care on an assigned unit. Working under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Collect, report and record patient data.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living.
- Implement selected aspects of the patient care plan according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for the patient and/or their family members.
- Maintain unit equipment and supplies as directed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Nursing Students are encouraged to apply.
- 2 years of Nursing Technician/Assistant experience required or CNA or clinical experience in school.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be available to orient full time on the day shift for at least two weeks.
- Previous hospital experience is strongly preferred.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.