The Respiratory Therapist meets patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting pulmonary function tests; assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription.
The Therapist will assist the Director and Clinical Coordinator with quality assurance, preventative maintenance, inventory control orientation and training of students and new employees, education, inter-and intra-departmental relationships, and communications with nursing, patients and the physician staff as it relates to Respiratory Care Services.
Assists in the coordination of activities of the Respiratory Care Department with those of other hospital departments to insure that quality patient care is delivered to all patients treated by this department.Job Requirements
1. Registered Respiratory Therapist with NC Respiratory Care Board and current Respiratory Care Practitioner.
2. Current BLS certification. Must be American Heart Association.
3. Acquire ACLS certification within 3 months and maintain thereafter.
4. Acquire PALS certification within 3 months and maintain thereafter.
1. Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
2. Ability to see colors, see at least 1 mm squares.
3. Ability to hear and distinguish heart and lung sounds.
4. Ability to reach overhead.
5. Ability to remain calm, continue to function effectively and develop priorities during highly stressful situations.
6. Ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal media.
7. Ability to move and operate equipment and carry supplies.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.