Who we are: Groups360 is a marketplace enabling more efficient commerce in group travel. Through its innovative technology, Groups360 reduces cost and complexity for both suppliers and consumers of group meeting services. This innovative, high-growth company seeks individuals with a team orientation, high work ethic and passion for solving customer obstacles.
Why you want to work for us: Groups360 strives to be an employer of choice, we offer competitive salaries, uncapped potential and we contribute to the cost of the fantastic benefit We offer: Medical, Dental & Vision, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits, EAP and online discounts to a variety of goods and services, including identity theft protection, pet health insurance, travel, electronics, gifts, household needs and more!
We are looking for: Go-getters! People ready to move fast, be a part of something special! Are you a self-driven individual that likes to step up and take the reins of their respective position on a team? Do you like to make a difference? Would you like an opportunity that allows you to put your stamp on things? Do you like to know that you are on a team that values your contribution? Do you like knowing that you are appreciated and recognized for your individual contributions to the team? If you answered yes to the above questions, we would love to speak with you further about a career changing opportunity for the position outlined below.
The role: The Software Engineering Manager will lead a Software Engineering team as a hands-on expert for our Groups360 platform and be its’ Champion amongst other department teams made up of Architects, DBAs, Product Development, Scrum Masters, and DevOps personnel. This position should be familiar with the concepts of Agile/Scrum processes and be interested in participating in and helping to maintain that culture, leading by example. Technologies you should have extensive experience and familiarity with include: RESTful API’s, ReactJS, Ruby/Rails, Redis, Async/Batch processing, SOA, and Elasticsearch.
What you will do:
- Translate business requirements into practical code designs and development plans for execution by a Software Engineering team.
- Lead a Software Engineering team that is delivering code for a tech stack that is comprised of ReactJS, Ruby/Rails, and PostgreSQL.
- The platform is built as a micro-services architecture so the team will be working on various parts for both the front end and back end.
- Work quickly with your code being checked-in frequently to integrate with our deployment-safe, test driven, CI/CD pipeline.
- Lead technical initiatives.
- Oversees unit tests to help ensure sold workmanship.
- Responsible for hiring, developing, and retaining the best technical talent.
- Partners with our Product Development Team to help plan our implementation strategies.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years management experience.
- 8+ years of development experience.
- 5+ years focused on Rails, or equivalent modern dynamic OO language.
- Familiar with ReactJS, Redux, and React Hooks.
- Fluent in consuming RESTful API’s.
- Familiar with the concepts involved with Design Patterns.
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Excellent verbal, written and group communication and presentation skills; ability to utilize communication skills to effectively influence across functions and business units as well as across different leadership levels.
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Results-driven and execution-oriented personality, ready to take ownership and get results.
- Strong empathy for customers and a passion for revenue and growth.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint.
- Other qualification as required.
Core Business Hours:?8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F; these hours may vary depending upon your position and work requirements.???
(Company will not sponsor C2C or Work-related Visas)?
Groups360 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.???