Greenlight is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 2 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores and automating allowance. But that’s not all that we do.
Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
We are looking for a Mobile Engineer with experience building and shipping native Android applications. The ideal candidate understands application design and development, but also understands and wants to participate in the deployment and operational phases of the SDLC. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable working in a fast moving, high growth environment, and you want to do more than write code.
Technologies we use:
- MVI architecture
- Travis CI
What you will be doing:
- Design, build, and maintain mobile applications and services across the Greenlight platform
- Enhance existing services and applications to increase availability, reliability, and scalability
- Lead effort to drive overall code quality
- Collaborate with various members of the engineering team to build new features and services at scale
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery
- Remain engaged with the latest technology trends and understand operational challenges to continually evolve application delivery processes
- Support technology decisions based on performance metrics and operational SLAs
- Provide guidance and best practices around security for applications
What you should bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years software development experience
- Experience working on a large scale Android application
- The ability to ship mission critical features with high confidence
- Demonstrated desire to work collaboratively with a high performing team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with version control tools
- Knowledge of automated build systems
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile scrum development process
- Familiarity with issue and project tracking tools
Who we are: In late 2020, Greenlight was valued at $1.2B, backed by leading venture capitalists and institutional investors. Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially-smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.