Responsible for auditing the admission packets and for the verification of benefits along with all patient demographic information in the patient accounting system.
• Financial counseling of patients and/or guarantors and collecting any out of pocket (deductibles, copays, exhausted days, etc). Provide information to the patient and/or guarantors regarding their benefits and financial obligations.
• Complete financial disclosure paperwork for patients that request assistance including verifying income and expenses.
• Complete adjustment forms for any charity or administrative adjustments for approval.
• Complete promissory notes for patients that request payment arrangements.
• Update daily the upfront collection log, charity log, and admin adjustment log. Review with BOD on a weekly basis.
• Gather and interpret data from system and understands appropriate course of action to take and initiates time-sensitive and strategic steps resulting in payment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)