Azure/DevOps Solutions Engineer Job Description
GRT is carefully searching for new candidates for a high profile, global commerce engagement located in Sunnyvale and San Bruno, CA. Local residence is preferred but Pacific Time zone a baseline focus.
We are looking for a well-versed, experienced DevOps Software Engineer to augment our growing team. Reporting directly to the Manager of Edge Platform & Ingress (EPI), this person will be a key contributor in building, testing, managing, documenting and maintaining some of the key components and technologies that power our business.
- You have superb communication skills, oral & written.
- You have at least four years of professional DevOps experience spanning some majority of the following technologies.
- You have some exposure to the following:
- Go (golang)
NOTE: Direct experience with the above tech is preferred but not required. Similar tech in function can be a substitute (e.g. Ruby for Python, AWS for Azure, Puppet/Chef for Ansible, etc)
- You're comfortable with writing and maintaining performant SQL queries.
- You're willing to dive in to unfamiliar layers of the stack.
- You have experience with Linux systems.
- You're comfortable working on a fully remote team without constant guidance.
- The drive and passion to learn
The stack involved uses Go and MySQL. Candidates don’t necessarily need to be an expert in these technologies already. We believe smart people can learn anything and are willing to train the you in our specific tools. If you're not familiar with Go, you should be able to demonstrate you'd pick it up quickly.