Our client is an award-winning manufacturing company viewed as a leader in its industry that is looking to add a professional to its senior management team. They are an essential business, and their continued growth has opened an opportunity to join one of the most established and highly regarded businesses in the area. We are only looking for local professionals at this time.
The Materials Manager or Director will coordinate and manage production planning, inventory control, and procurement activities for the entire organization. The Materials Manager will maintain key performance indicators and manage the procurement of raw materials, products, repair parts, services, and supplies to meet production requirement s with the primary responsibility for resin. They will also oversee vendor contracts, work orders, purchase orders, production schedules, material requirements planning, master production scheduling as well as capital and expense demands.
· Develop procurement procedures and strategies for raw materials, products, and services.
· Develop and implement cost savings opportunities.
· Manage development and implementation of special projects.
· Reviews health and compliance of vendor contracts through visits to vendor facilities to discuss issues and leverage new opportunities.
· Qualify new vendors and the development of vendor partnerships and scorecards.
· Perform analysis of production, procurement, and inventory control issues.
· Reviews metrics in accordance with departmental/strategic goals.
· Set departmental service levels and authorized inventory level goals.
· Provides direction, guidance, mentoring, and support to the Materials Management team.
· Oversees management and execution of the Master Production Schedule and designated stocking programs.
· Oversee the management of work order production schedules.
· Oversee the procurement and flow of raw materials to support production requirements.
· Manage contracts for rework services at outside facilities and the sale of obsolete and scrap materials.
· Maintain knowledge of machine and plant capacity, standards, and actual performance.
· Review the management and replenishment program of remote 3PL warehouses.
· Resolve shipping and accounting related problems.
· Prepare weekly and monthly departmental activity reports.
The Materials manager will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations, Materials Management, or Production Management. (A Masters degree is a plus)
Ideally, the Materials Manager will also hold certifications in APICS-CPIM (certified in production and inventory management), CPP/CPM, CSCP, or at least be in the process of earning the aforementioned certifications.
As for experience, the Materials Manager will have at least 5-7 years experience in a manufacturing environment with responsibility for Inventory Management, Materials Management, Purchasing/Procurement, and Capacity Management in order to be truly successful.