Primary Responsibility / Summary
Responsible for the efficient operation of a retail store. Under the direction of the General Manager, leads store team to achieve established goals for sales, production, customer service, payroll, safety and expense control. Closely collaborates with General Manager to achieve store standards and goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensures excellent service and team relations. Engages with ambassadors, customers and donors, while presenting a friendly and cooperative attitude. Under direction of General Manager, provides appropriate training as needed.
2. Leads team to maintain a clean and safe environment by ensuring company safety standards are met, social distancing procedures and personal protective equipment policies are followed.
3. Under the guidance of the General Manager, achieves financial objectives by monitoring weekly budget; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
4. Leads and ensures donated goods are received using the tablet, processed timely and meet company standards of quantity and quality goals.
5. Supervisory responsibilities include; assisting in interviewing, and training ambassadors; planning, assigning, scheduling and directing work; providing input on performance appraisals; recognizing, developing ambassadors; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Follows up on all assigned projects. Gives corrective feedback under direction of General Manager.
6. Follows proper auditing procedures, customer relations, regulatory compliance and reporting.
7. Reviews merchandising needs on a daily basis, leads team to achieve daily production goals to support daily sales goals and upcoming promotions.
8. Ensures store asset control and security policies and procedures are enforced.
9. Monitors and maintains sales floor, production area, structural, electrical, store equipment, landscaping, housekeeping, loss prevention and safety to company standards.
10. Attends meetings and training as required. If required to drive for a work event, you should have a valid CDL and required auto insurance.
11. Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
12. May be required to work at a near by location.
• This job supervises 5-15 ambassadors when acting as Manager-on-duty.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• Min 2 year of retail store experience required.
• Good communication and people skills.
• Demonstrated maturity and leadership skills in leading entry-level ambassadors.
• Abilities to work with minimal supervision; self-starter is a plus.
• Excellent customer relations skills.
• Must be proficient in using personal computers and other technology necessary to complete the activities assigned.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, completing surveys using electronic platforms in order to complete daily tasks.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Punctual and dependable attendance.
• Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
• Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates fully in carrying out its mission.
• Adheres to Goodwill’s values of Respect, Integrity, Service, & Excellence.
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal and State Law