Safely operate front-end truck and ancillary equipment on an assigned route to service customers in a safe and efficient manner. Deliver collected solid waste/cardboard to disposal site.
- Operate front-end truck and ancillary equipment to collect solid waste on a specified collection route.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
- Frequently operate overhead arms of Front-End vehicle in a safe manner.
- Must clean daily the sump area of the truck in front of the packing blade
- Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
- Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
- Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
- Follow all safety standards, equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation including any required customer specific rules or regulations.
- Communicate any potential hazards in serving/picking up container and any damage (to container, corral, property, etc.) to Supervisor/Lead prior to performing task
- Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
- Possess valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- One (1) year of satisfactory driving experience of Class A or B vehicles preferred.
- Must pass a DOT physical, drug screen and background check.
- Satisfactory driving record.
- Must pass the Waste Industries written and road test evaluation.
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, and smell.
- Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus due to the constant maneuvering of vehicle in tight and high traffic areas.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds. Occasionally move/push up to 300 pounds.
- Ability to enter and exit truck to open doors to corrals multiple times during a shift
- Ability to climb to top of truck to verify that the load is secured prior to transporting the load to the landfill
- Sitting is required 75% of the time due to the primary function of driving.
- Ability to work in usually loud conditions.
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.