Facility: SOUTHEAST TEXAS TRANSITIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Works under limited supervision, access, supervise and perform maintenance work needed in the facility, including but not limited to; plumbing, carpentry, electrical, landscaping, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform facility maintenance (including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, landscaping, etc.) as directed by the Facility Director, so that the facility operation is not adversely affected.
- Maintain security and control of all tools so safety and security of the staff and facility are maintained.
- Follow all maintenance safety procedures and ensure compliance so that resident and staff accidents are prevented.
- Respond to facility maintenance requests in a timely manner, so that facility is always in a safe condition.
- Maintain maintenance logs, tool inventories, Material Safety Data Sheets, chemical inventories, etc. in accordance with applicable requirements
- Be aware of and convey resident's communications to appropriate supervisors so that preventive measures can be taken to maintain the health, safety and security of the facility, residents and staff.
- Run errands to pick up necessary supplies as needed, to ensure they are on hand to keep the facility running smoothly.
- Communicate with residents and staff in a professional manner to affirm and enhance self-esteem and dignity and to maintain positive resident/staff relations.
- Participate in staff meetings by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, residents and staff relations to identify and solve problems and function as a unified team.
- Maintain confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding employees, vendors, residents, outside agencies, etc. so that sensitive information is only given on a “need to know” basis.
- Comply with work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and respond positively to directives from managers and supervisors in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Adhere to attendance policy; work overtime as required, to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the residents.
- Comply with Facility safety rules; take appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years general maintenance and/or related construction trade.
- Must have knowledge of equipment necessary for making proper repairs.
- Able to perform general plumbing, carpentry, mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Effectively communicate with residents and staff; react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation