Part Time Network Engineer
Job Description - Network Engineer- Washington DC or VA
The Network Engineer will maintain, support, and troubleshoot multiple LANs/WANs, in a regional and or global environment. This person will use his or her diagnostic and analysis skills to ensure all Level I, II, and III network issues and service requests are dealt with in a timely and consistent manner. He or she will be primarily responsible for ensuring the proper day-to-day operations of networks across a number of locations.
- Maintain, support, and install multiple client infrastructures. Network technologies include routers, switches, waps.
- Function as a technical escalation point and provide Level I, II, and III support for network related issues and requests.
- Ensure that customer communication is maintained, and the issues are resolved successfully. Identify and document root causes of failure.
- Establish an optimal network, by evaluating network performance issues, including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
- Leverage existing and emerging technologies to develop solutions to improve the performance of multiple network infrastructures.
- Work closely with the Network projects team to integrate newly deployed equipment into production for monitoring and support.
- On-site installation, configuration and testing of network infrastructure equipment for client site network moves, adds, or changes.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation, to ensure it is updated and current.
- Proactively contribute to configuration automation and processes as they evolve.
- Ensure service tickets are closed on time and with high customer satisfaction.
- Participate in 24/7 engineer on-call rotation.
- Python or any kind of network scripting would be a plus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to [ Link Removed ] Please reference job code 74955 when responding to this ad.
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran's status or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.