Position/Job Title: Help Desk Specialist (Senior)
Location: Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Help Desk Specialist (Senior). The candidate shall be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Provides situational awareness of network / system outages, prioritization of work in accordance with ITIL best practices, communicating with people from across the DoD, and assisting users with a variety of network hardware and software related issues.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Creating, modifying, and escalating Incidents / tickets; translating user requests into a logical format for use by RCC-C technical analysts in troubleshooting.
- Resolving and escalating Incidents / tickets in accordance with documented procedures.
- Performing quality assurance follow-up with customer / end users
- Complies with documented processes and procedures. Works with shift leads to ensure all shift responsibilities are completed.
- Provides reporting as needed.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with our military, civilian, and contractor customers.
- Exhibit highly self-motivated, punctual, goal driven, and task-oriented traits and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Mentors and leads junior specialists.
- Maintains currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline. Relevant work experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree, like Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Crediting Combinations of Education and Experience standard
- 5-10 Years demonstrated/practical hands-on experience in Help Desk operations including: incident management, diagnosis, troubleshooting, tracking, escalation and resolution for hardware and software issues relating to computers, laptops, mobile devices, and related peripherals.
- Experience with Help Desk software application Remedy or similar applications
- Employee must possess and maintain IA computing environment certifications and access levels in accordance with DoD Directives (DoDD) 8140/8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M0002. IA certification and access levels vary depending on the functional category the employee is performing in and are in accordance with USARCC-C PWS Table 2 Information Technology Access and IA Certification Requirements
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals.
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Work will require a fair amount of travel as well as sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.