- Building quoting and routing algorithms to calculate prices for moving goods globally, ingesting live tracking data of ships, trucks, and airplanes to infer meaningful actions on the supply chain
- Automating processes to lift the degree of automation from 5% to 90% - killing faxes, emails, and phone calls from logistics once and for all
- Building scalable and extendable event-driven microservice architectures with advanced patterns like CQRS and event sourcing and many other interesting use cases. Below, a few more challenges which you will be exposed to working with our amazing team:
- We are product-focused: Our features are built for customers and our platform exists to provide the best logistics experience in the world
- Guide Engineering Leads to create and communicate the vision, high-level roadmap, and technical strategy for their business area. Use data and analysis to align their strategy with company priorities.
- Work with Engineering Leads and Engineering Directors to create and improve processes for prioritizing, breaking down, estimating, and assigning tasks. Coach Engineering Leads and engineers to deconstruct problems into executable action.
- Seek an understanding of what other teams do, share knowledge, and encourage others to do the same.
- Guide the quality and testing strategy on their teams
What you bring
- 8+ Years of experience in software engineering
- You have managed engineers & engineering leads and have lead multiple teams
- Experience leading recruiting initiatives, as well as growing and organizing multiple engineering teams
- A desire to navigate and lead teams through ambiguous situations and align strategy with company priorities
- Interested in tackling complex issues involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience balancing competing for priorities across more than one team
- Experience with large scale architectural patterns, event-driven microservices, well-designed APIs, and efficient algorithms
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Professional attitude towards software craftsmanship including testing
Why Us - You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level, and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business, and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
Culture: Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4A7kaUaN4w At Forto, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them, and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products, and our communities.